NEW to ASP, simple help

komquat

I am looking at looping information pulled from a Access DBHow do I use the FOR EACH ... IN ... Also, I am looking for a more indepth coverage of ASP, any suggestions on sites.Thanks
Its not very clear what you're trying to do. If you want to loop through your records in a database, do this:
<% Dim conn, rs, sqlSet Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")Set RS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")sql = "Select * from table"Conn.open some_connection_stringRS.Open sql, conn, 1, 1	Do until rs. eof		response.write rs("field1")		response.write rs("field2")		response.write rs("field3")		rs.movenext	LoopRS.CloseConn.close %>

That loops through all the rows in your table. You don't usually need a For Each unless you don't know the names of your columns.If you didn't know the names of your fields ahead of time, then you'd do something like this:

<% Dim conn, rs, field sqlSet Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")Set RS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")Set Field = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Field")sql = "Select * from table"Conn.open some_connection_stringRS.Open sql, conn, 1, 1	Do until rs. eof		for each field in rs.fields			response.write field.name & ": " & field.value		next		rs.movenext	LoopRS.CloseConn.close %>

Archived