Server-side printing to PDF

FrostbiteXIII

Hey folks, sorry to double post, but I have another (completely different) question, which I didnt think deserved to be in the same topic...I have a website which contains my CV (which I would rather not publically link to - especially when it is not necessary). Anyway, I am updating it from php to asp.net at the moment. When it was in php, I had a print.php page which read in the main page and converted it to a page more suitable for printing (stripped out some of the pointless links and images and changed style sheet).However, if I ever sent off my CV, I would do so as a pdf (using primopdf). Is there any (ideally free) way of converting a html page to pdf (I imagine by printing it on the server)?I don't think there is, but knowing for sure would also be useful.Either way, TIA! :)Bob

On one of the projects I was working on, we also needed the ability to generate PDFs from our dynamic content. While I wasn't the developer who built this particular aspect of the project, we ended up using ABCpdf. Since I didn't build it, I can't say whether or not it was easy to implement, but I can say the final version is fast and looks great.Check out ABCpdf here: http://www.websupergoo.com/abcpdf-1.htm

Woops, I guess I didn't read far enough into this statement:

Sometimes we provide free license keys for selected items of software. All you have to do to take advantage of these offers is to link back to our web site. You'll need to tell us where your link is and once we've verified it we'll issue you with a free license. As an alternative you can always purchase a commercial license.
I read "It's free as long as you link to us." Not, "It's free as long as you link to us and we approve the location of the link."I'll keep my eyes open though.

Archived