Downloading Apache from apache.org

Anders Moen

Right now I'm unzipping Apache server on my computer, but I have a question. Do I need to download MySQL and PHP too or is that like added into the Apache server? Because I have tried to download MySQL before, but after I click "Execute" (on one of the installationpages in Windows) I get an error...I can try to download it later today and then show you if PHP and MySQL isn't in Apache already.Thanks for helping! :)

Excuse me... unzip? If you're using Windows, you need the win32 binary (exe) which is installed, not unzipped like the UNIX files.this tutorial shows in great detail how to install Apache, as well as PHP and MySQL.

Yay! It worked now :)Do I have to download PHP and MySQL now then or is it already installed? Because I have tried to download MySQL before as I said...which didn't go very well.Edit:Sorry for double-posting :)

Read the tutorial. Yes, you need to download it. It's not included.If you want a single install to go with Apache, PHP, MySQL and some more even, I recommend XAMPP. Note: use the installer (exe) again.

Yeah, I know about xampp. I installed it before I saw this message..But I gave up all of them because I can't get by one of the steps in MySQL :)
Didn't the turorial above help? Which step didn't turned out as expected?If you get an error while trying to install MySQL, it could be because of a bad download. Try downloading MySQL again, ideally from a different mirror.

Archived