update query

astralaaron

does anyone see anything wrong with this? ive checked everything.. echo'd out all of the variables they are all right..

<?php mysql_connect("localhost","root","****")or die("could not connect");mysql_select_db("tuneschedule")or die("could not select db");$schid = $_POST['schid'];$date = $_POST['date'];$from = $_POST['from'];$until = $_POST['until'];$program = $_POST['program'];$sql = "UPDATE schedule SET date = '$date', from = '$from', until = '$until', program = '$program' WHERE id = $schid";$result = mysql_query($sql);if ($result){header('location:http://localhost/tuneinordie/admin/admin.html');} else {	echo mysql_error();}?>

this is crazy.. I am using the same program to update my news stories and it works fine...this is killing me!I am getting this error:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'from = '9am', until = '5pm', program = 'please worka' WHERE id = 1' at line 1

$sql = "UPDATE schedule SET date = '$date', from = '$from', until = '$until', program = '$program' WHERE id = $schid";this is crazy.. I am using the same program to update my news stories and it works fine...this is killing me!I am getting this error:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'from = '9am', until = '5pm', program = 'please worka' WHERE id = 1' at line 1
i think the culprit is WHERE id = $schid" .Try using WHERE id = '$schid' ".this may get rid of the error.

i think the culprit is WHERE id = $schid" .Try using WHERE id = '$schid' ".this may get rid of the error.
i have tried that already but thanks :-(just so you see, i just tried it again and got this error:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'from = '91', until = '52', program = 'please workasd' WHERE id = '1'' at line 1

Try this maybe:

<?php mysql_connect("localhost","root","****")or die("could not connect");mysql_select_db("tuneschedule")or die("could not select db");$schid = $_POST['schid'];$date = $_POST['date'];$from = $_POST['from'];$until = $_POST['until'];$program = $_POST['program'];$sql = "UPDATE schedule SET date = '$date', from = '$from', until = '$until', program = '$program' WHERE id = '$schid'";$result = mysql_query($sql);if ($result){header('location:http://localhost/tuneinordie/admin/admin.html');} else {	echo mysql_error();}?>

Try this maybe:
<?php mysql_connect("localhost","root","****")or die("could not connect");mysql_select_db("tuneschedule")or die("could not select db");$schid = $_POST['schid'];$date = $_POST['date'];$from = $_POST['from'];$until = $_POST['until'];$program = $_POST['program'];$sql = "UPDATE schedule SET date = '$date', from = '$from', until = '$until', program = '$program' WHERE id = '$schid'";$result = mysql_query($sql);if ($result){header('location:http://localhost/tuneinordie/admin/admin.html');} else {	echo mysql_error();}?>

What did you change???

The problem is fixed,$sql = "UPDATE schedule SET date = '$date', from = '$from', until = '$until', program = '$program' WHERE id = $schid";$result = mysql_query($sql);needed to be$sql = "UPDATE schedule SET `date` = '$date', `from` = '$from', `until` = '$until', `program` = '$program' WHERE id = $schid";$result = mysql_query($sql);works fine now.

You mean that you added ` around each element before = ? I never do that and those works fine with me :s
yeah.. on my news update page I do not have the ` around it. and it works..but on this page it would not work! i tested everything and re-wrote it about 20 times..then right as I was about to give up I thought to try to add ` ` around them.. and it worked..? why I dont know!but I am happy to see it working!

then right as I was about to give up I thought to try to add ` ` around them.. and it worked..? why I dont know!but I am happy to see it working!
There are some reserved words in MySQLIf you use any of these reserved words in table or column names (in this case from is used), you should put the column/table name in `` to tell MySQL that this is a name of table or column and not a MySQL special command

There are some reserved words in MySQLIf you use any of these reserved words in table or column names (in this case from is used), you should put the column/table name in `` to tell MySQL that this is a name of table or column and not a MySQL special command
ahh thank you for clearing that up for me. that makes perfect sence

Archived