Importing specific elements in schemas (with xlink?)

Guest All_P

Guest All_P

Hi everybody,the following question is about importing elements from one schema to another.Consider the following situation with 2 schemas.One schema creates an entire set of elements.The second schema needs to import specific elements.(The goal is that the second schema does not import every element ofthe first schema.)I have a solution for this but I'm not entirely satisfied with the methods i used and I was wondering if this could be done with Xlink. I can only find examples of xlink with instance documents, where they use locators to extract elements fromother sources. But i do not know how to create a locator in a schema.My question therefore is:can this be done and if so, can someone post a simple example.TnxAll p

One way I would prefer is XInclude. It has xpointer attribute which lets you include only a portion of the selected document.This article (originally written for another purpose) shows what I have in mind.XInclude's namespace URI is http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude. However, note that the schema validator needs to support XInclude as well. If not, another XInclude processor must do the inclusions before the validation is to begin.

Archived