Im Trying to find...

ben3001

... A needle in a haystack.Right I have a really old Packard bell club 88 which ran Windows 98, I use it for playing the old classic games which cant be played on windows xp (there are a few).I have recently bought Settlers 3 a fantastic game I played many many years ago but only played the demo.I have had the sudden urge to play this game, however you can only ply the game in these operating systems Windows 95|Windows ME|Windows 98 Windows NT|Windows 2000|I recently upgraded my Packard bell club 88 to Windows Xp (Stupid move I know) Now some how my Packard bell has completely removed my windows 98 and i cannot revert back to the original.I'm looking for a way to run any of the listed operating systems, i am willing to try anything.Ben

try right clicking the game exe and choose properties. then choose the Compatibility tab. From here you can tell the system to run the game as if it were in Win95, Win98, or Win2000

Its because of new files, you probably wont be able to run any of your games on newer windows OSes.Its like trying to run a php 2 or 3 script on a server with php 5.

If you have DOS games, there is a great program called DOSBox that will emulate the DOS environment for you, it is specifically designed to work with games, and they have a large compatibility list of which games work and how well.

Archived