compare nodes in a tree

henny

hello,I've an agenda in xml and would like to create an xsl that formats the agenda in a html-tablestraight forward - no problembut now I would like to write a separation-line in the table, when the month changesso before I write the date-node, compare the month-node with the previous month-nodeif they are not equal => write a separation-lineI've tried with position()-1 but no successany clue ??thx in advance - Hennyhere is my sample hp.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><agenda>	<activity>		<month>may 2006</month>		<date>wednesday 31 may 2006</date>		<desc>what you normally do on a wednesday in may</desc>	</activity>	<activity>		<month>juni 2006</month>		<date>monday 12 juni 2006</date>		<desc>what you normally do on a monday in juni</desc>	</activity>	<activity>		<month>juni 2006</month>		<date>saturday 17 juni 2006</date>		<desc>what you normally do on a saturday in juni</desc>	</activity>	<activity>		<maand>september 2006</maand>		<datum>saturday 9 september 2006</datum>		<desc>what you normally do on a saturday in september</desc>	</activity></agenda>

here is my sample hp.xsl

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0"><xsl:template match="/"><html><body><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" width="50%" align="center">	<tr>		<td><h1>Date</h1></td>		<td><h1>Description</h1></td>	</tr>	<xsl:for-each select="//agenda/activity">		<xsl:if test="position() = 1">			<tr><td><xsl:value-of select="month"/></td></tr>			<tr><td width="10%" height="2" colspan="2" bgcolor="Navy"></td></tr>		</xsl:if>		<xsl:if test="position() > 1">			<tr><td><xsl:text>do the test to find out if the month has changed</xsl:text></td></tr>			<tr><td width="10%" height="2" colspan="2" bgcolor="Navy"></td></tr>		</xsl:if>		<tr>			<td><xsl:value-of select="date"/></td>			<td><xsl:value-of select="desc"/></td>		</tr>	</xsl:for-each></table></body></html></xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet>

and here is my sample hp.htm ( to transform the data into html )

<html><body><script language="javascript">// Load the XML var xml = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");xml.async = false;xml.load("hp.xml");// Load the XSLvar xsl = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");xsl.async = false;xsl.load("hp.xsl");// Transformdocument.write(xml.transformNode(xsl)); </script></body></html>

Archived