Rounded Corners: Best Way

Norman

I know there's a small chance these days, but if the user has Javascript disabled, he won't see the rounded corners, and so I think it's better with the CSS way...

First post updated. :)
I would recommend that you provide some personal commentary on each link. Specifically noting browser compatibility and ease of implementation - novice, intermediate, advanced.Otherwise, the list will grow and become rather unattractive to many people. Even now, I quickly went through the pages and found some that do not work at all in IE and others that are not exactly cut-n-paste solutions.If this list is going to be useful, I'd either only post fully compatible solutions and state that in your post, or provide the additional commentary to save the developer a lot of time in testing each one to see if they can use it.

I've done a little something a while ago.It's supposed to look like whatever is having those round corners is stamped into the background, using gradients and transparancy. If you look into the source you'll see that all cells have a class, and each class is having a background and (where appropriate) a fixed size.Side note: the left two tables have a fixed width, while the right one uses the excess space.The border images are created by me. No use without permission.

Arg, I think I have no time and knowledge for do something like that, Skemcin. Excuse me.
I'm not sure how to reply to this. If I am honest, then with no intention to disrespect you, I think it is a disservice to the community. There is such a wide range of skill here and as your list grows, I can quickly see it not being helpful since there is so much work involved in figuring out the advantages and disadvantages of each.My suggestion would be to require the people who submit the methods to provide you with at least the information I suggested you provide. That way the information you are taking responsibility for is as informative as possible. I'd go back to those who submitted the techniques you currently have and ask them to do this for you. For the one's you found, I would urge you to take an hour or so to research each website that features the technique to extract the details I spoke of. Then, another 5 minutes to suggestion what skill level might be required to implement each.As I said, I mean no disrespect, but if this concept is going to be truly helpful, this would be needed to be valuable in my opinion.

No, no problem, Skemcin. I appreciate your opinion. My big problem is that I can stay connected only when I'm at work. I have my home PC without conection, for now. And so.. until I'm here at work, I can't do long works, unfortunately. I know that the best way I could arrange the first post would be with descriptions of all the posted techniques, but it requires time that I haven't.

I consider providing a list, like Norman did, a service. The source and it's description are all there, and I think that alone is more than one could ask for.I'd be happy to investigate what would be best for me, but that'd only be my part of the story.Thanks for your work Norman

No, no problem, Skemcin. I appreciate your opinion. My big problem is that I can stay connected only when I'm at work. I have my home PC without conection, for now. And so.. until I'm here at work, I can't do long works, unfortunately. I know that the best way I could arrange the first post would be with descriptions of all the posted techniques, but it requires time that I haven't.
I hear ya. There are alot of folks here, you might try to recruit someone to help you out. you never know.:)

I consider providing a list, like Norman did, a service. The source and it's description are all there, and I think that alone is more than one could ask for.I'd be happy to investigate what would be best for me, but that'd only be my part of the story.Thanks for your work Norman
Thanks? I have do nothing! fifi.gif
I hear ya. There are alot of folks here, you might try to recruit someone to help you out. you never know. :)
Help me for what? My job? I'm a travel agent.. looksisi.gif

Thanks? I have do nothing! fifi.gif
I hear ya. There are alot of folks here, you might try to recruit someone to help you out. you never know. :)
Help me for what? My job? I'm a travel agent.. looksisi.gif
@yoshida - don't get me wrong, I agree that the initial research alone is a commendable effort. Anyone who knows me here understands that I challenge people to do a little more - to put in a hint of extra effort. I do this for no other reason than to condition thoroughness. As I have learned everything on my own in this industry, I've come to greatly appreciate the people who take the time to be as thorough as possible and I retain a great amount of respect for those individuals. So I challenge folks quite often to do a more complete job so that there is little question for the next person in line. It makes learning more efficient which in turn make learning more enjoyable and so much less frustrating.@norman - I was merely suggestion that you might have made a friend or two here that you might ask them to test these rounded corner methods for you (since you have little time) - vchris recently was bored out of his mind. And you would post their findings - thats all - I did not intend to imply anything about your personal life - thats none of my business.

@yoshida - don't get me wrong, I agree that the initial research alone is a commendable effort. Anyone who knows me here understands that I challenge people to do a little more - to put in a hint of extra effort. I do this for no other reason than to condition thoroughness. As I have learned everything on my own in this industry, I've come to greatly appreciate the people who take the time to be as thorough as possible and I retain a great amount of respect for those individuals. So I challenge folks quite often to do a more complete job so that there is little question for the next person in line. It makes learning more efficient which in turn make learning more enjoyable and so much less frustrating.
And I completely agree with this point of view. When I can, as a italian (as you can see, my english isn't so good) and as a little noob (that have started learn just right now [one year ago]), I always try to get support to others. I also love to receive support, this is sure.
And you would post their findings - thats all - I did not intend to imply anything about your personal life - thats none of my business.
I know! I was joking. :)

You're getting noob and newb mixed up, noob is reffered to as an attitude, such as "you're being such a noob!". While newb is an age such as "I'm such a newb in this, I just started this 2 days ago". So, I agree with the css version, its probably fastest and will take up the least space (it might take more space if you use tons of them though).

You're getting noob and newb mixed up, noob is reffered to as an attitude, such as "you're being such a noob!". While newb is an age such as "I'm such a newb in this, I just started this 2 days ago". So, I agree with the css version, its probably fastest and will take up the least space (it might take more space if you use tons of them though).
Um, no, the terms "noob", "newb", "nub" etc. have not to do with age or attitude. "Newbie" or "newb" are affectionate terms for newcomers, whereas "noob", "nub" etc. are more derogatory, associating the aimed-at person with the ignorance of a newcomer.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newbie

You mean there are now language rules for when to use those?
Not rules, tendencies. :)

• 2 weeks later...
If it's a fixed width, just use a background image.
i agree. who wants a load of empty bold tags in their markup?

Archived