Comments

EvilChicken

Hi,I was wondering. There are sites that I go to that have comments. The people comment on their forums about the articles they wrote. But whenever someone comments the number of comments (Comments: 1) changes to (Comments: 2) automcaticly.If you want an example, click the link below (You'll see the "Comment this Update ("number" Comments)":http://www.global-rs.com/Is it some sort of HTML code, php or something?Thanks,EvilChicken

This is common with blogs or similar applications. Basically the author posts a comment, story, article, or news item. The audience reads and makes comments. The counter is simply incremented every time someone posts a reply. This is done by the server side scripting language that is used to run the application. The code (asp, php, jsp, coldfusion) accesses information in a database to determine the number to display. Typically, that is also a link which generates a page that displays those [x] number of comments.

This is common with blogs or similar applications. Basically the author posts a comment, story, article, or news item. The audience reads and makes comments. The counter is simply incremented every time someone posts a reply. This is done by the server side scripting language that is used to run the application. The code (asp, php, jsp, coldfusion) accesses information in a database to determine the number to display. Typically, that is also a link which generates a page that displays those [x] number of comments.
So how would I do it?

You'd have to develop an application. So, you need some knowledge of php, asp, jsp, or coldfusion. Then, either find an application out there that has the basic functionality you can live with and use it - or - build your own application from the ground up.Your request is rather vague. You'll have to do some research on these applications and how they are installed. Do some of the tutorials offered on the parent site - http://www.w3schools.com.Let me know if there is something specific I can answer.

Archived