Internet Options

smiles

I want to ask a question : In Internet Option - General -Setting -Viewfiles , I see many files such as .asp , .js , .jpg etc .... what make them appear there ???and ... one more question :) my forum has a trouble , I has many change in the appearance of it , I don't know what I had done that when I view it , I always see the sign "triangle and exclaimation mark in it " at the bottom left of the screen , above status bar !!!What its mean ??? Thanks !

That is your CACHE - temorary internet files. When ever you surf teh web, every page and its associated images gets downloaded to your computer. Then your browser loads those images so you can see them. The place that is stores those files (which it hold only temporarily) is called your CACHE. You can determine how temporary you would like the files to be kept - I, personally, have my browser set to get the latest file every time and not cache anything. I do this because I am developer, and since I view the same page over and over again after each change, I do not want the browser to show me an cached page if it has been changed.Post a link to your forum so we can take a look . . .

That is your CACHE - temorary internet files.  When ever you surf teh web, every page and its associated images gets downloaded to your computer.  Then your browser loads those images so you can see them.  The place that is stores those files (which it hold only temporarily) is called your CACHE.  You can determine how temporary you would like the files to be kept - I, personally, have my browser set to get the latest file every time and not cache anything.  I do this because I am developer, and since I view the same page over and over again after each change, I do not want the browser to show me an cached page if it has been changed.
I hear a lot about cookie , but I even never see where it is in computer and so what it looks like . In Internet Option only see Delete Cookies ??? Is it different to History ??? :) Thanks !!!

I hear a lot about cookie , but I even never see where it is in computer and so what it looks like . In Internet Option only see Delete Cookies ??? Is it different to History ??? :) Thanks !!!

Yes, your history is different than your cookies. History is a list of web sites that you have been to where cookies are little text files that store information about you for any particular web site. Not all websites use cookies, but many do. So it is common to see a web address in your history and see a cookie for it as well.Your cookies are stored in the same place that your temporary internet files are stored. If you click "Tools", "Internet Options", "Settings", and then "View Files" you will see all your temporary internet files. If you sort them by file type, you will easily be able to see your cookies, your images, and your web pages that would coinside with your history.I, personally, keep 0 (zero) pages in history and 5mb of cache. I hate history, I never use it, as I rarely tend to "forget" a site that I went to or need to go back to. I always felt history was hard to use since it isn't visual. If a browser came up with a way to thumnbail your history and/or bookmarks, that would be nice!(hmm. makes me think about a new extension for Firefox)Hope this helps

I saw it and I find that just only we view some website and have an account with it , means we are a member of it , so the cookie appears to collect our information ( when we login to !!! ) ... :) but not our username , just an IP of the computer + @ + urlwell :) I will ask to the end , when I double-click to open it , I was warned that open it is unsafe , why is unsafe ? :(

I saw it and I find that just only we view some website and have an account with it , means we are a member of it , so the cookie appears to collect our information ( when we login to !!! ) ...  :(  but not our username , just an IP of the computer + @ + urlwell  :) I will ask to the end , when I double-click to open it , I was warned that open it is unsafe , why is unsafe ?  :D

I wouldn't call it "unsafe". But just understand that since cookies are stored in the text file and since they record what you are doing when you are on a site, if you have the file open the browser is not able to modify the file (since it is already open) so what ever changes the browser is trying to make would not be made. It CAN be unsafe in the respect that if you open a cookie and modify it someway that it could decrypt and/or make information more readily available to a curious site. And just the opposite - you could edit your cookie to try to get more information from a site that it really wants to - both are commonly known as Cookie Poisoning. Unsafe is, I think, too scary of a term - I would prefer to say it is not advisable to play with you food. :)