Safari for Windows

justsomeguy

Yeah. I just saw that on Quirksmode.org now too. And btw, I'm writing this post from Safari :) .It has some UI bugs that need to be fixed, but the overall fact there is a version for Windows is a call for celebration on it's own :) .

I hear it's got more then just UI bugs so far..http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/32459/108/
OK. Commnad line execution vulnerability. Creepy... I'm leaving Safari NOW at least until there's a final release.

I´m sticking with Opera as my everyday browser, but it´s nice to have for testing, hope it renders pages the same on both platforms then.

hope it renders pages the same on both platforms then.
Yeah, hopefully. I haven't even installed it yet, but when I get around to testing my next site I'll try and find out if it uses the same rendering engine as the Mac version does.

Hi.. All What you find well and bad for safari..? What abt its review,speed and its some usage..? Some GUI is not working in the replying page of post of w3school forum..have you seen that..? why..? or is there any internal setting we have to do from our browser or any thing else..?Regards,Vijay

I tested Safari for my websites.Everything with font-weight: 600; will not render. If a link is defined font-weight: 600; it will not render in any class. <i>, <b>, <h1>, <h2> etc will not render (at least not for my website, validated for CSS and XHTML1.0 transitional). I'll have to unlearn what I know about webdesign, and start fresh. I'll have to adapt my stylesheets. My bad.

Archived