Question in XML tutorial Quiz

BsM

in the XML quiz in the site there is something strangein the questions:13. XML elements cannot be emptythe site say that the correct answer is true (Hoooooooooow!!)-----------------------------------------------------------------16. Which is not a correct name for an XML element?the site say that the correct answer is "All 3 names are incorrect"which the three names is1- <phone number>2- <xmldocument>3- <7eleven>why <xmldocument> isn't correct i have tried to use it and it work successfully with FireFox 2.0.0.4 "the latest"

The tutorial doesn't seem to mention that, but according to the definition of XML name from the XML specification, names beginning with the string "xml" are reserved for future elements the specification might standartize. Therefore, if you use this element, it's not valid. However, XML parsers accept it. It's a form of "forward compatability". They accept it, but don't interpret it as the specification might be defining in the future.

in the XML quiz in the site there is something strangein the questions:13. XML elements cannot be emptythe site say that the correct answer is true (Hoooooooooow!!)-----------------------------------------------------------------16. Which is not a correct name for an XML element?the site say that the correct answer is "All 3 names are incorrect"which the three names is1- <phone number>2- <xmldocument>3- <7eleven>why <xmldocument> isn't correct i have tried to use it and it work successfully with FireFox 2.0.0.4 "the latest"
Hi, 13. XML elements cannot be empty please re-check this- as I remember site says yes/true XML element can be empty. Please confirm once again 16. Which is not a correct name for an XML element? Yes- if site says, than its right bcoz 1- <phone number> // No space 2- <xmldocument> // no ambiguity in name with standard words. 3- <7eleven> // not start with number

I just took the Quiz (got 100% for 1:25 the first time btw... I don't remember my altime record, but it wasn't made the first time in a day anyway), and it seems that on question number 13 the correct answer is False, as in "No, the statement is not correct. XML elements can be empty".

Hi, whatever it is.the main thing is- XML element can be empty.thanks...

Archived