Reviews/Suggestions ???

aspnetguy

Can you guys take a look at my new site http://www.thrufare.com and give me your opinion. It is not finished yet so I am open to suggestions.Also for those of you that use proxy websites could you give me some feedback on the speed. It seems slow to me but I don't use proxies so I am not sure.It is possible to move this to a dedicated server if it is required.

I love you!!!!! :)I can finally go where ever I want at work! I'm free!Nice site! It's a bit slow but it's the first proxy I try so I can't really compare.

I love you!!!!! :) I can finally go where ever I want at work! I'm free!Nice site! It's a bit slow but it's the first proxy I try so I can't really compare.
lol, once the site is done I am going to look at moving it to a dedicated server. It is currently on a shared Godaddy server.

Hmm, I saw it when I went to google.com, I'm on Opera 9.01. Maybe it was a bug they fixed.Not to steal his thunder or anything, but there are several proxy websites out there.
okay I see it now when I go to google.com. It is ff too.I am still owrking on making it look nice and that top bar is still o the list. Thanks for pointing that out.

Most of them are blocked by the work firewall. The one from aspnetguy isn't I guess it's because of the meta tags and site address.

Just out of curiosity, are you doing this for personal enlightenment or did someone pay for this?
It is a website I am setting up for myself. Partly because I wondered how proxy sites worked and it seemed like a fairly straight forward thing to do.If you are wondering because I mentioned a dedicated server it is a server I built and will run myself not be someone $200 a month for, again that too is mostly for my own learning and experience.I tried runnning my own server with "left over" parts I scrapped together into a PC which failed miserably so I desided to buy something new and reliable and get the right tools from the beginning.

I really like the design, the use of ajax is cool too. only thing i dont like is the logo. To me the font is too plain and unmemorable. i like the reflection and the gradient but maybe try a hipper font.

I really like the design, the use of ajax is cool too. only thing i dont like is the logo. To me the font is too plain and unmemorable. i like the reflection and the gradient but maybe try a hipper font.
Thanks I'll look into that. I whipped it together quick so I could get the site launched. Once everything is working fine I will review the design details.

Nice. And I also bring you a bug report. I have a page (for my school) atkkfilosof.hit.bgThat loads fine and redirects to the main page fine. However, the main page throws an error. After looking at the source I see it's because you've missed the stylesheet processing instruction's "href" pseudo attribute:

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="_structure/_Document.xsl"?>

If you have PHP5, here's a code I use to find the last appropriate PI and get the href value:

function getStylesheetPI($xml) {				$input = new DOMDocument;				$input->load($xml);				$xpi = new DOMXPath($input);				$piList = $xpi->query('/processing-instruction("xml-stylesheet")');				for ($i=0; $i<$piList->length; $i++) {					$piStylesheet .= '<stylesheet ' . $piList->item($i)->data . '/>';				}				$stylesheetList = new DOMDocument;				$stylesheetList->loadXML('<list>' . $piStylesheet . '</list>');				$xps = new DOMXPath($stylesheetList);				return $xps->evaluate("/list//stylesheet[@type='text/xsl' or @type='application/xslt+xml'][position() = last()]/@href");}

Note that this one is rewritten to be used statically whereas the original was part of a bigger function and was heavily object oriented. But even this rewrite is far from being what you should use.You should check all xml-stylesheet PIs instead and append all "href"s. I'm practically giving the above as a hint on the approach you should use. In case it's not obvious - find the PIs, turn their otherwise plain text content into XML content and then query that new content for the "href" values. Writing the new values back is another thing though and it has nothing to do with what I used that for, so I can't give you a code for that right now.

I get an error when I want to go on the WoW website.

Error loading stylesheet: A network error occured loading an XSLT stylesheet:http://www.thrufare.com/new-hp/layout/layout.xsl

sorry guys. I am using PHProxy and am not sure how to make the changes. I am using v0.4 and I tried v5 which is still in beta (and is really buggy) but could not get around these errors.here is the code if anyone wnats to take a crack at it.http://www.phproxy.org/poxy-0.4.zipI may just have to look for a different software package.

Hey boen,I just clued in that your page is transformed xml. does it get served as any of these types?text/html, application/xml+xhtml, or application/xhtml+xml ?Those are the only types that the script handles.vchris,same goes for WoW, it is index.xml

It.... um... doesn't matter how it's served. The server still fetches the XML file properly. I mean I can look at the source code from it and see all links are changed, except for the one at the PI.lol. You actually used a premade package? I was hoping you were making your own. Well, the solution is probably somewhere in the modify_urls() function. But... I can't help you on how to implement such a change. I mean, if that was me, I'd be using DOM or SAX rather then regular expressions for most of that stuff, which was probably going to make such an implementation of mine kind'a worthless since it wouldn't be able to handle invalid (or at least ill formed) pages.

I am enamored with your proxy site. It's clean and simple. I am going to use this now instead of ninjaproxy. It's cool that you added the dynamic drop down options panel. Very helpful and comprehensive. I was going to make my own proxy site though with my own code. If I ever get around to it, yours is a good model to follow.

I think that's a nice site. In my opinion, you should write some text that introduce what your site does.
The design is not done yet. I am still tweaking it here and there.

Archived