ASP in FLASH

@bc

• 2 weeks later...

several ways to do thisbut i think the best is using Flash's XML class.have your ASP page output xml,then you set up an XML object in flash and load in the asp page results.otherwise you can use the LoadVars class, but i think that takes longer to load.you would probably do better to post on macromedia's Flash forum for questions like this http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforum....cfm?forumid=15or you could check outa book called XML for Flash by Sas Jacobs. It definately leans more toward the asp developer.smk

This tutorial is REALLY old,the actionscript they give wont work,but they must have updated the support file though because it usesloadVariablesNum("mypage.asp",depth);which is correct.the code they give on the page:Load Variables ("page",depth); is not valid.loadVariablesNum() will work, but ive found that most of the time I have to send more then a couple variables, at which time loadvariablesNum() and the LoadVars equivilents are far slower then the XML class. So I guess it depends on the app.smk