Which logo?

aspnetguy

Which logo should I use?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Feel free to add your submission. I'll add it to the list. Winner gets a text link to there site on the homepage. I know that is not much now but proxy sites get a lot of traffic and I am hoping to market this site well.

• [img]http://www.thrufare.com/tf_1.gif[/img]
    • [img]http://www.thrufare.com/tf_2.gif[/img]
    • [img]http://www.thrufare.com/th_3.gif[/img]
    • [img]http://www.thrufare.com/logo.gif[/img]

Feel free to add your submission. I'll add it to the list. Winner gets a text link to there site on the homepage. I know that is not much now but proxy sites get a lot of traffic and I am hoping to market this site well.

#1.) is not as easy to read, but is a nice affect#2.) not a big fan of all caps, but might look nice in variant caps - this gives me the impression its a site related to war#3.) skinny and sloppy artistic look is, again, a nice affect but doesn't come off strong, or clear#4.) although a remote similarity to the Drupal'ish look and feel, I prefer this simply, thick(strong) font that is clear - which all represent the application it is branding.#4 ma'lord v-sign.gif, choose #4! (for any of you Shrek fans out there):)

As I said in the other topic, I liked the initial logo, which in this case is #4.

#2) the font I used is caps only :)I like #4 as well. I decided to make a few alternatives as #4 did take some "hits" in other posts. Clarity is one of the big reasons I like #4 also.

hmm i prefer number 3 however i dont like the added sploges of paint which i am assuming is the font...I removed them and thought it looked alot cleanerBefore & Afterth_3.gifthrufareyv8.jpgHowever if you dont want to use it then i would prefer # 4 although it just reminds me of the miniclip logo.

I'd say either #2 or #4. I'm leaning toward number #4 a little though. My advice: go with the one you like best. You're the one who has to live with it after all.
I disagree. With that approach, if I did a usability study on my web site and found that 90 out of 92 people liked my navigation on the top of the page as opposed to the bottom of the page but I preferred it on the bottom - then I should go with what I like and choose the bottom?Although he does have to live with it, so do his visitors and those are the ones that will eventually pay the bills.

You're the one who has to live with it after all
I am hoping I am not hte only one that will have ot live with it. I am hoping to have this site promoted well and get a decent amount of traffic.

i would prefer # 4 although it just reminds me of the miniclip logo.
Of course! I knew that logo from somewhere, but didn't realized it's like the MiniClip logo. Well, aspnetguy, how about another version that looks just like 4 but with green instead of red(/orange) to make it a bit more unique?

I disagree. With that approach, if I did a usability study on my web site and found that 90 out of 92 people liked my navigation on the top of the page as opposed to the bottom of the page but I preferred it on the bottom - then I should go with what I like and choose the bottom?Although he does have to live with it, so do his visitors and those are the ones that will eventually pay the bills.
Obviosuly it doesn't apply to any case. BTW, the bottom is the absolute worst place you can put your main navigation.

Obviosuly it doesn't apply to any case. BTW, the bottom is the absolute worst place you can put your main navigation.
I'm not sure I understand this reply. Your first reply to the original post blatantly says that aspnetguy should just pick whatever he likes, regardless of any opinions gathered. My example - operative word example, as I am fully aware that parent navigation should never be on the bottom of the page without appearing somewhere else on the page - simply attempts to apply your logic to a different situation in an effort to demonstrate why the logic, "My advice: go with the one you like best. You're the one who has to live with it after all" is not a very good approach.In any respect, it looks like #4 has got a pretty commanding lead . . . :)

• 1 month later...

Wow option four certainly is popular :) I picked it too. I think it really stands out, and is easy to read, as opposed to the others which at a passing glance are very difficult to pick out the letters, especially the second word "fare". Too low contrast, perhaps.

but what exactly does a proxy website do?
A proxy is a web server whose job is to route traffic through it, so that on the receiving computer it would appear that the data originated from that server, not the original one.

Archived