colors

SFB

I've been having troubles finding a color that looks something like a corn plant. I was making a site mostly for fun that could possibly be used by a seed company that I live by. I wanted to use a green/corn plant color theme. It just cant find a green that I feel looks like the green of a corn plant. I'm almost beginning to think that not all colors can be made on a monitor and the green i want is one of those colors. I'm looking for hexadecimal or RGB color values if anyone has one they think would look good.

Go grab an ear of corn and scan that sucker, or take it to Home Depot and paint match it. They'll tell you how much cyan, magenta, yellow, and black is in the paint.
I was thinking of taking a picture of it and then putting the picture in a painting program and use one of the color matching tools to get the color.

You could do that, but then you're depending on the camera settings to capture the color accurately. A scanner is more likely to do that, and the hardware at a color matching place like the Home Depot paint department is made specifically to accurately capture a color. The problem with cameras is that the color information might be totally off-base but it looks accurate to a human eye, because humans are great at perceiving what the actual color is even though the color in the image might be different. Look at this page for an example, the woman's top is actually green but your eye is telling you that it's yellow:http://www.colorcube.com/illusions/chrmadptb.htmThe image might look fine to you, but when you load it into a program the color you choose might be blue or something other then the true color.

there are so many shades of green in a corn plant that it really wouldn't matter. I don't really have the time to go to my nearest paint place and match the color correctly. I also don't really think if i got the true color it would display the same on every monitor for every person. I see different colors depending on the angle of looking so someone with a short torso sees a different color than someone who sits taller. I'm just looking for a color that looks like a plant green I don't need it to be true plant green.

Archived