I need a good host

Xtazy

Hello guys! I have just finished my first site in Notepad using HTML, CSS and a bit of Javascript. I made it because I want to be sure that I won't have problems in the future with this simple languages, and you can't go through the theory without experiencing ^^. Ok, so I made my site and I need a good free web host where I should upload it. I tried to do that on awardspace.com , but it doesn't work at all. I need a good, easy to use and free host. Maybe some of you had the same problem...something that you know it's good and worths a try...Thanx in advance,Xtazy.

I dunno what's wrong, but when I try to upload my site's files with Filezilla FTP Manager, it just can't connect...maybe i did something wrong...in the address tab, i should type my website adress ,like xxx.awardspace.com , shouldn't I?Anyway, i gave up this and i tried to upload the files from the website...i uploaded my index.html and css file, but still doesn't work...should I upload the whole website before trying to access it or what?

Upload as much as you need to in order to test. Some FTP connections require a passive connection, depending on things like firewalls. There's an option in Filezilla to use a passive connection (it might be labelled PASV), try that setting and see if you can connect.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived