How to get a div to run down the whole screen

applenerd

Hey guys. I'm working on a new website and I'm designing it with div's and css. I am trying to have an info bar running down the left side of the screen. This bar will contain member information, but I want it to continue to the bottom of the page even if I don't have that much text in it. Here is a link to my website. It is the bar on the left that says something like "This will have information about the member/guest!!!". I have tried setting the height to 100% and some other things but none of that works. I considered using js to find the height of the screen and then set the link bars length to that, but I find that really sloppy for something as simple as this. thanks,axel

Ok, I've been working on this a bunch since obviously no one feels like answering my original question. I'm getting somewhere but I would still appreciate some help! Here is my page:http://www.macintoshclub.com/developerlink/test.htmlI need the bar on the left to go ALL the way down. As you can see, it is going down the length of the window, but it is not hitting the bottom of the page. Scroll down and you will see what I mean!please help,axel

Try setting the height to more than 100%. By the way, you would need to remove the "td" in "td.InfoTd" in order for the settings to take effect. You used divs in your page after all, right?