My music band web site

Norman

Right now, I'm trying to develope my music band web site. I was thinking in something like this: Web Site Main Folder:(content)--band---My Name---My bassist Name---My drummer NameAnd there, I would like to have a "personal page" for each member (me, bassist, drummer). So, I need something like an account permissions system. If you login with these datas (user and pass), you can add content to your page: 'aaaa', 'aaaa'. One account for each member. Something like this. My question is: how can I do this? :) Wich is the best way? Please, remember that I'm a really noob in this type of things.

If it is just for a few band members you could save yourself the cost of hosting a database and just hard-code the member's login details into your PHP code... You could then store their profile pages in XML and use PHP's simpleXML functions to update their profiles when they submit an amendment form online. That's what I'd do anyway :)

If it is just for a few band members you could save yourself the cost of hosting a database and just hard-code the member's login details into your PHP code... You could then store their profile pages in XML and use PHP's simpleXML functions to update their profiles when they submit an amendment form online. That's what I'd do anyway :)
Amin to that :) . The only difference with me is that I'd use DOM instead, but that's not for anyone, so SimpleXML is still a good solution.

Why not use blogging software like WordPress... you can customize the HTML and CSS to have your own unique look, plus it already has all the hard work done for you, such as the PHP with a login.WordPress allows you to register users and they can make and change pages if the admin give them permissions. You can easy put forums, polls, and anything most web developers can think of on it.

Archived