Blocking Opera

Darkness

Trying to block a browser is kind of useless as it can easily be forged. Firefox can also do both.EDIT: If you are worried about security, make sure the information you are sending to the browser such as hidden fields, etc. are checked or better yet, don't include it.

If there is a security issue with your rendered web page then the problem is not in the browser it is in your programming. A developer should never rely on anything but themselves to secure their work.What is it exactly are you worried about?P.S. Blocking/Preventing the use of any web browser is a horrible practice to get into - its digital segregation - don't be a browserist, learn how to secure your applications where they are executed - on the server. Here is one place to start:http://www.petefreitag.com/presentations/c...ion-outline.pdf

First (as the other said): you can't secure a site by blocking out a certain browser...and opera is one of the better browsers avaliable...Second: there's many differentways the user can change in the source of your sites (well atleast the [generaterd] HTML) as saving the source etc. and there's nothing you can do about it..I would say that, if you are so concerned about that users change the HTML on your site (the changes wont transfer back to the server) you a poorely designed security on your site and you need to go over it and make the right changes (or rewrite it completely)

P.S. Blocking/Preventing the use of any web browser is a horrible practice to get into - its digital segregation - don't be a browserist, learn how to secure your applications where they are executed - on the server.
:?) (I agree.., even if I'm blocking older versions of IE in my current project, but that's for compatible reasons and as IE5 etc can be security holes, I don't think it's a good idea for companies to use them...)

Second: there's many differentways the user can change in the source of your sites (well atleast the [generaterd] HTML) as saving the source etc. and there's nothing you can do about it..I would say that, if you are so concerned about that users change the HTML on your site (the changes wont transfer back to the server) you a poorely designed security on your site and you need to go over it and make the right changes (or rewrite it completely)
The user can change values that the developer is using in the client side languages to use with the server side languages with Javascript in the address bar, but that is poor security and only should be used if the developer knows that value is being used in which he could use in the server side language instead.

Archived