How to start html Studying

Tata_MosTwaNteD

Hey all,I am New @ web-design field And I wanna advice how to start ,I know that I can start here @ w3c site but I tried and I don't know how to study ,for example : which html tags should I save first ?,and which steps shall I do ?shall I save all tags? ..etc. How I can write html page by myself ,Any one can help me and give me steps to put my leg in the first stair ,I will be thankful.----Thnx in advance

It's not about what you "save". It's about what you "learn" and "understand". Study the tutorials in the order by which they are written. That is, read a page, then click "NEXT" and go on up until the end. Reread and redo everything on a certain page that you do not understand. In critical situations (where you don't grasp a thing) try to skip the page and go back later to it once you've understood everything else.Btw, this is not W3C. This is W3Schools.

It's not about what you "save". It's about what you "learn" and "understand". Study the tutorials in the order by which they are written. That is, read a page, then click "NEXT" and go on up until the end. Reread and redo everything on a certain page that you do not understand. In critical situations (where you don't grasp a thing) try to skip the page and go back later to it once you've understood everything else.Btw, this is not W3C. This is W3Schools.
Thnx 4 reply...But for example when I be in page and am reading I find the page contain another link in part send me to another page ,shall I continue With the same page and I'll find it later .? like tags contain link or word contain link like this http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_formatting.asp ,shall i click on the tag and see all tags or I'll get it later ? ----personal qst: what's the best period or the possible period to be at least good @ script worldbtw : why when i see the source of alot of sites ,I find the www.w3.org site in it?

Thnx 4 reply...But for example when I be in page and am reading I find the page contain another link in part send me to another page ,shall I continue With the same page and I'll find it later .? like tags contain link or word contain link like this http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_formatting.asp ,shall i click on the tag and see all tags or I'll get it later ? ----personal qst: what's the best period or the possible period to be at least good @ script worldbtw : why when i see the source of alot of sites ,I find the www.w3.org site in it?
You mean examples from the try-it editor? They are there for demonstration only, so of course you should see them and then close them. If you mean certain references (in a table showing each formatting attribute/element and a short description of it), then just skip them. You only need to understand the idea. Understanding the rest of the possiblities comes later with experience.Best period... there isn't an avarage. It depends on the individual. And it's depends on what you mean by "scripting". HTML is not "scripting". JavaScript and S3Ls are, but they are quite huge for a person to be guru at all of them and again - it's individual.Don't you mean the w3.org site? The one I gave a link to above? Does it happen to be in a line similar to this:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

?This is called Document Type Definition or DTD in short. You'll learn about it once you understand HTML and go on to XHTML.

You mean examples from the try-it editor? They are there for demonstration only, so of course you should see them and then close them. If you mean certain references (in a table showing each formatting attribute/element and a short description of it), then just skip them. You only need to understand the idea. Understanding the rest of the possiblities comes later with experience.Best period... there isn't an avarage. It depends on the individual. And it's depends on what you mean by "scripting". HTML is not "scripting". JavaScript and S3Ls are, but they are quite huge for a person to be guru at all of them and again - it's individual.Don't you mean the w3.org site? The one I gave a link to above? Does it happen to be in a line similar to this:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

?This is called Document Type Definition or DTD in short. You'll learn about it once you understand HTML and go on to XHTML.

Thnx very much ,u r really helpful ..I am happy that there is guys like u, and {in sha2 allah } I'll be good web-designer and back to thank u and all helpful guys ...

Umm... all data on W3Schools in copyrighted

Copyright InformationAll pages and graphics on this Web site are the property of Refsnes Data.Pages, code or other content from W3Schools may not be redistributed or reproduced in any way, shape, or form without the written permission of Refsnes Data.Failure to do so is a violation of copyright laws.
So no, you can't copy text from the site. Err... if that is what you mean.

I think he meant copying the code from the samples in his own editor - sure you can.

look! when u work i ur html editor ,what do u do? u use the mouse ?..for example ..there is same tags that I must put... so instead of typing them ..I can copy them..!!!
Yes that is fine to do that.

Tata, first you should learn HTML (and, when possible, don't copying tags: if you write them you learn them). Then, when you have completely understood how (X)HTML work, you can also use softwares like Dreamweaver (or some other for free), that help you with the tags. For example, in Dreamweaver, if you have a unclosed <div>, when you type </, it automatically write </div>.

Tata, first you should learn HTML (and, when possible, don't copying tags: if you write them you learn them). Then, when you have completely understood how (X)HTML work, you can also use softwares like Dreamweaver (or some other for free), that help you with the tags. For example, in Dreamweaver, if you have a unclosed <div>, when you type </, it automatically write </div>.
Thnx alot for ur help man, I mean by copy tags not all tags I mean for example: whe I wanna put spaces between the words ..I use this one { } so If I wanna put alot of spaces so, I must some of this { }together so I can type first one then copy the rest ,or it's better that I type them

It doesn't really matter. I suppose it is easier to copy them, but if you really couldn't remember the   entity, then you should type it out until you remember :)

If it's for entities, I'd say it doesn't really matter.But for spacing though, I'd say that you shuold avoid using & nbsp; altogether. Study CSS and use that for spacings on the page, not pure text, or worse - images.

If it's for entities, I'd say it doesn't really matter.But for spacing though, I'd say that you shuold avoid using & nbsp; altogether. Study CSS and use that for spacings on the page, not pure text, or worse - images.
Thnx but,shall I study css now? or I think that I must study them in-order {html ,xhtml,css..etc}?

It is actually good to learn XHTML (don't learn HTML, you will just have to "unlearn" lots of things when you move to XHTML) and CSS at the same time, because then as your experience grows you will know how to control your HTML pages using CSS, and not, again, have to "unlearn" your HTML formatting habits in favour of CSS

It is actually good to learn XHTML (don't learn HTML, you will just have to "unlearn" lots of things when you move to XHTML) and CSS at the same time, because then as your experience grows you will know how to control your HTML pages using CSS, and not, again, have to "unlearn" your HTML formatting habits in favour of CSS
Then u advise me to leave the html now and move to xhtml !! :) but I don't know anythingabout those languages may be I can learn the basics first or it's the same in xtml..?? btw:the html it's not that big to waste time so i can learn it then move to xhtml ot what's ur opinion??? :)

It's fine if you stick to HTML. All browsers support HTML 4 and they will for a long time. That being said, if you are going to learn HTML it's best to learn strict HTML. Even though they are valid, don't use things like font tags to change your fonts, use CSS for all font and color information. That means text alignment, margins, padding, fonts, etc. None of that should be in the HTML.Also, I'm not sure if you've started learning anything yet, but if you started on HTML when you asked your first question you would almost be done by now, it doesn't take very long.

It's fine if you stick to HTML. All browsers support HTML 4 and they will for a long time. That being said, if you are going to learn HTML it's best to learn strict HTML. Even though they are valid, don't use things like font tags to change your fonts, use CSS for all font and color information. That means text alignment, margins, padding, fonts, etc. None of that should be in the HTML.Also, I'm not sure if you've started learning anything yet, but if you started on HTML when you asked your first question you would almost be done by now, it doesn't take very long.
Thnx but,ok if u say that i must not use html for fonts and colors and those tags ,u mean that while am learning html? or when i decide to build my own site so I must work with css ? ..I think that it's good to learn those tags and cancel them when i move to css learning ..or what's ur opinion? :)

They are good to know when you maintain a legacy site or better yet - when you're tasked to make an equivalent of it using CSS.What you should really not do it use them on sites you make from scratch.I'd learn the languages in this order: HTML, XHTML, CSS. XHTML has very few syntax differences with HTML, so it really takes 5 to 10 minutes to switch to it... and never return to HTML (as the self closing rule will probably make more sence to you then the self closed HTML elements).There is some more to XHTML that the tutorial doesn't say, but you can learn those details later as you go on to CSS and server side scripting languages.

They are good to know when you maintain a legacy site or better yet - when you're tasked to make an equivalent of it using CSS. What you should really not do it use them on sites you make from scratch. I'd learn the languages in this order: HTML, XHTML, CSS. XHTML has very few syntax differences with HTML, so it really takes 5 to 10 minutes to switch to it... and never return to HTML (as the self closing rule will probably make more sence to you then the self closed HTML elements). There is some more to XHTML that the tutorial doesn't say, but you can learn those details later as you go on to CSS and server side scripting languages.
Thnx alot :)

Archived