Search

sircharlo

I don't know if it's just me, but the search feature of w3schools.com doesn't really help me find what I'm looking for.1) You can't search for HTML tags even if that's exactly what you need/want

One or all of your search keywords were below 3 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.
2) Even if you strip your search to remove any html, It rarely finds anything usefulI don't know why, but it seems to just put any thread in your results.

Are you thinking of the W4Schools site search (powered by Google) or the W3Schools forums search (native IPB search)? If you mean the site search, blame Google :). But true, the search feature of the forums isn't very optimised to tag searching and the like, and I find the results ranking not very useful. It will return any thread with your word in any of your posts, so if you search for "caret", say, it will get any thread in which someone has said "caret", no matter hoe close to your original intention. Have you tried the Advanced Search?

Either way blame google or blame IPB. Neither search was written by W3schools although a simple search could easily be written for the tutorial site that way you wouldn't have to wait for Google to index a page before you could search it.

Are you thinking of the W4Schools site search (powered by Google) or the W3Schools forums search (native IPB search)?
No, in fact, I find the Google site search works quite well. I was talking about the forum search.
Have you tried the Advanced Search?
Not sure, but I guess I'll have to give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to second that the IPB search sucks balls, frequently I can't find what I'm looking for. As an example, I started a topic called "Word as HTML generator". Do a search yourself and see how long it takes you to find that topic.

Archived