WebCam And Streaming

MarkAbrams

I am interested in recommendations on software or a guide on streaming a webcam to my IP. I have seen Linksys and a few others that stream video to their site or a private IP for a few users that are several hundred dollars and require a special server. I would like to build applications with unto several independent feeds using XHTML if practical.TIA

Are you saying that you want to stream video or still images from a particular location - say your backyard - to your website?I created a site years ago that captured still images of a ski area and every 15 minutes would FTP them to the website I built for the area. I can give an overview as to how that was done, but I am not sure if it is exactly what you're after.Can you be a little more specific with your requirement?Thanks

If you are looking ot stream live video over your website, you need to be aware of the large amounts of bandwidth this will take. It will increasingly become a problem if you have a lot of visitors to your website.I used a product in college, can't remember the name, that allowed easy streaming of webcam video over a website. It was soooo slow even over localhost...you need a high end server with the added horse power and good graphics card to do this, at least if you want it to be viewable.

Are you saying that you want to stream video or still images from a particular location - say your backyard - to your website?YES I created a site years ago that captured still images of a ski area and every 15 minutes would FTP them to the website I built for the area.  I can give an overview as to how that was done, but I am not sure if it is exactly what you're after.Can you be a little more specific with your requirement?I would like to stream a webcam picture at 6 to 25 frames per second.  The aspplication is to put a cam on a horse paddock to send the image feed to a website for live viewing.  I am also intrested in your FTP Thank you Thanks