Needs help for Flash's Button's Actionscript

hashie

Dear every professional who may help,Currently I'm doing a flash project which is working like a desktop for windows xp. This is meant, within the flash there will be contented a backgroud (so-call wallpaper with some animation) and then content some default buttons for windows xp's desktop, such as My Computers, My Documents, Recycle Bin, and a software application shortcut from an original (.exe file, eg: Flash.exe)However, I was facing a problem that, I dont know which action script i should use to open an explorer.exe and open the My Computers, My Documents, Recycle Bins and open a software. Eg: When I click the My computer button within the flash that I've made, then an Explorer.exe will pop up with the page of My Computers.Guess, all the professional here understand what do i mean, Hopefully anyone of you can lend me a hand for settling this problem. (Notes: This flash is offline usage)Thanks for ya kindness solution if do.Hash

You can't do that with Flash. Flash is an OS-independent platform, there's no guarantee that someone is even running your Flash application under Windows. But Flash can't issue system calls to the OS to do things like run another application (like explorer.exe), that's just not something that Flash is able to do. You would have to emulate everything, when someone double-clicks on My Computer or something you would need to handle that in Flash with something that you make to look like the explorer window, but even then you can't read the user's local drives or anything to display in the explorer window, it would all have to be contained within Flash.

You can't do that with Flash. Flash is an OS-independent platform, there's no guarantee that someone is even running your Flash application under Windows. But Flash can't issue system calls to the OS to do things like run another application (like explorer.exe), that's just not something that Flash is able to do. You would have to emulate everything, when someone double-clicks on My Computer or something you would need to handle that in Flash with something that you make to look like the explorer window, but even then you can't read the user's local drives or anything to display in the explorer window, it would all have to be contained within Flash.
K, thanks for your replies, guess i know what to do the next. Hash

Archived