XSL Performance??

Guest franz_zigeuner

Guest franz_zigeuner

Hi,I've a question about the performance of xsl with .net. I am planning an online plattform and want to realise it with a few easy to handle xsl files instead of 100 single asp files. But I heard that xsl is appr. 20% slower than single sites, which is really very slow when the number of user exceeds 100.can anybody tell me more about that topic?Thanksfranz

As far as I know XML and XSLT files must be fully loaded before any actions are executed.If you execute them on the client, this means less load to the server but more time for the client scince he/she has to download the whole files first.If you execute the transformations on the server, this should mean that there won't be any time needed for downloading scince the files are there. However, this would mean more load to the server. Using many ASP.NET files should result in approximately the same performance as with XSLT on the server I think.Conclusion=> If your server can handle a huge load, using XSLT on server shouldn't mean less performace but it DOES mean better organization.Please note: I am not aware of how server side performs with XSLTs and I'm not fully aware of XSLT's performance as well. My opinions are only considerations of my own simple logical thinking(excluding the fact that XML files must be fully loaded before they are processed).