Suspending CSS in an Element

Eivo

This may sound weird, but is there any way to have CSS not effect a specific element? I have inherited a project in which the site is already coded using HTML and CSS. I am adding some dynamic content to the site, but the CSS is effecting my code and I don't want it to. Am I going to have to redo the site or is there a way to prevent CSS from effecting my code?

Many things; tables, links, fonts, and colors just to name what I have found so far.For a little more clarification, like I stated before, we have a site made. This site is going to demo a content management system I made. The text editor for the system lets the user add pictures, set fonts and colors, add tables, add flash, and the whole kit-n-kaboodle. It takes the page they made in the text editor, stores it in our db, and this demo site calls it up as they made it. But the CSS for the parts of the site that the client did not create, is effecting the parts they did create. So I am looking for a way to prevent the CSS from effecting this code without having to redo all the CSS for the siteIf it isn't possible, then I have no choice, but I am looking for a shortcut if there is one. Thanks.

There might be a rule that you can add that would affect the things you want to affect, but you would have to show the code in question. You can't just prevent CSS from affecting something, but you might be able to write a rule that will affect only what you want to affect.

Archived