"height" in <table>

domen

hello, I'm new in this forum and in web-proramming :)my problem is this:when I define attribute "height" in table tag, the validator tells me it's incorrect, but I can see no other ways of stretching the table on whole screen. How can I do it using a valid code?Hope my English didn't prevent you from understanding the problem..

hello, I'm new in this forum and in web-proramming :)my problem is this:when I define attribute "height" in table tag, the validator tells me it's incorrect, but I can see no other ways of stretching the table on whole screen. How can I do it using a valid code?Hope my English didn't prevent you from understanding the problem..
Domen,just got help on this one myself (posted in this forum). Just specify
table {height:650px;}

in your stylesheet. Try to refrain from using markup in your HTML tags. I started myself just recently to use CSS for my layouts. I can already tell you it will save you lots of time if you change your mind and want to change your designs in the future...Kurt

Kurtthanks for your reply :)Using CSS codes is my next step - currently I'm learning HTML. And even if I used them, would it solve the problem for all resolutions? OK, there wouldn't be any more validating problems, but I want to stretch my table on the whole screen.P.S. won't your code specify height for all tables? what if I want to use this height(650) only in one table?

I want to stretch my table on the whole screen.
table { width:100%; }

P.S. won't your code specify height for all tables? what if I want to use this height(650) only in one table?
Give your table an id (e.g. <table id="fixed_height">) and in the CSS
table#fixed_height { height:650px; }

You can also specify a style inline

<table style="height:650px; width:100%; ">