php with text box update

houssam_ballout

Exactly where do you keep the phones for each person? A database (and what database exactly)? XML file? Text file? Hardcoded in the PHP? Sample of such storage's model?

Well, I am giving the user the ability to add phone and Name to the database so when he/she selects the name he should get the phone no
Any code you already have for that? If you've been able to pull off additions to the database, selecting existing records should be a piece of cake. And again, what is your data model (the actual structure of the database).Just don't tell me you don't have one, please. I mean, if we have to do the addion of phones and database creation too, you're practically starting to ask for a whole application.

Any code you already have for that? If you've been able to pull off additions to the database, selecting existing records should be a piece of cake. And again, what is your data model (the actual structure of the database).
yeah I do know that, but I just need some help to achieve that how to make the phone number visible when selecting the customer name

yeah I do know that, but I just need some help to achieve that how to make the phone number visible when selecting the customer name
Simply submit the form and perform a query that selects all phones from your phone table where the name is the same as the submitted one (it almost sounded like the actual query you need... heh).If you mean you don't want to submit the form, and get the phone without a page refresh, read on AJAX with PHP and databases.

Archived