my website

Xtazy

hi guys...i'm curently working on an AC/DC website (AC/DC is a hard rock band :)) and I just want to tell me your opinion about. it....it's not completely finished, but i'm working on it...it's done completely in notepad and it's my second website... i maed another one with Rocky, but i didn't put it on the web...website -> http://86.104.117.159:32167/cheers!xtazy

And now that you ARE online (you're obviously not sleeping), I very quickly see

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Most likely causes:You are not connected to the Internet. The website is encountering problems. There might be a typing error in the address.
error. Have you turned Apache off? Firewall(s)?

Some of your pages are not valid. For example the members.html page. Check out your other pages as well.In addition, I'd (and this is only a guideline, not a must) put the menu in a list ("ul") rather then leaving it as a space separated links.Other then that, I like the design. It's not a masage for my eyes, but if I have to give it a rating, it would be 7/10, as it's pleasing and not pushing in any way. The info also seems well. Overall grade 9/10. The only thing I'm missing is a "WOW effect" of some sort (I can't tell you exactly what that is, as every user is different) + the above errors. Other then that, it's great.

Thanx a lot...well, the other pages from members.html are not valid because I didn't finish them :) ...yet...I don't want to copy and paste some information from other sites on my own website, so I'm trying to make myself the information inspiring from other sites...and i have no clue about what "wow effect" I should use :) ...

if u r hosting a site on your pc you should NEVER turn the pc offand set up apache to turn on automaticallly when u start the pc

It'll be better if there is some seperation between the links that are on the second line

Guest FirefoxRocks

The site looks good, it is a little slow, but here are a few suggestions if you are planning to self-host your site:1. NEVER shut down Apache, PHP, ASP, MySQL or other server software unless absolutely necessary.2. If a restart is required, ensure that everything turns on after the restart.3. You should use a dedicated server if possible. Don't use it to play games and stuff. If you can't do that, then at least avoid downloading files on that computer.4. Make sure you are allowed to use your Internet connection as a web server. For example, if I want to host something publicly using my broadband internet, I need to pay for a business account. Otherwise I would break their Terms of Use.Other than that, your site looks good. The content is unfinished, but okay. I would give it a 4/5.

I afford to turn off my computer because I don care if I have much visitators or not, I just wanted to install myself an Apache server and to show a friend of mine (who is also good at web programming) at I have done...Then I'll use a paid host to keep my website and I'll buy a domain too...I usually don't play many games neither download too much files on my computer, but I always turn on the server when I', turning on the computer....

Archived