invisible scrolling

webspider25

Hi,I a trying to put invisible scrollbars in my web page.But I am not able to find the right code for that......can any help me out in this.Right now I am just playing with the colors of the scrollbar to make tham invisible by matching with the Background-color:-{ SCROLLBAR-FACE-COLOR:#FFFFFF; SCROLLBAR-HIGHLIGHT-COLOR: #FFFFFF; SCROLLBAR-SHADOW-COLOR: #FFFFFF; SCROLLBAR-3DLIGHT-COLOR: #FFFFFF; SCROLLBAR-ARROW-COLOR: #FFFFFF; SCROLLBAR-TRACK-COLOR: #FFFFFF; SCROLLBAR-DARKSHADOW-COLOR: #FFFFFF; }but its not working.Help me out in thisbye

Try writing the property names in lowercase. Be careful, these styles will only work in Internet Explorer.

hi synook,I wrote tham in the lower case too.but i am not geeting the invissble collbar effect.But thanks for telling me abut the IE ......that it will work only in IEBye'

Try writing the property names in lowercase. Be careful, these styles will only work in Internet Explorer.

Not an expert on scroll bars, but I know you're just changing the color to white when you put the colors to #ffffff. Try changing the value to "transparent" (without quotes) and see if anything changes.

Hi,Its not working changing the value in transparent is not giving the invisible effect.bye

Not an expert on scroll bars, but I know you're just changing the color to white when you put the colors to #ffffff. Try changing the value to "transparent" (without quotes) and see if anything changes.

Well hang on a tick what element are you attributing these styles to? It should be for the body element:

body {SCROLLBAR-FACE-COLOR:#FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-HIGHLIGHT-COLOR: #FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-SHADOW-COLOR: #FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-3DLIGHT-COLOR: #FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-ARROW-COLOR: #FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-TRACK-COLOR: #FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-DARKSHADOW-COLOR: #FFFFFF;}

Hi,I am not using this for the body I am using it exactly with the div where i want to add the invisible scroling.Thanks

Well hang on a tick what element are you attributing these styles to? It should be for the body element:
body {SCROLLBAR-FACE-COLOR:#FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-HIGHLIGHT-COLOR: #FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-SHADOW-COLOR: #FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-3DLIGHT-COLOR: #FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-ARROW-COLOR: #FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-TRACK-COLOR: #FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-DARKSHADOW-COLOR: #FFFFFF;}

Well, then you will have to put the id of the div in the reference for the style list

div#whatever_id_the_div_has {SCROLLBAR-FACE-COLOR:#FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-HIGHLIGHT-COLOR: #FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-SHADOW-COLOR: #FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-3DLIGHT-COLOR: #FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-ARROW-COLOR: #FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-TRACK-COLOR: #FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-DARKSHADOW-COLOR: #FFFFFF;}

Archived