Improved Examples

Guest Wompa1

I think that the code snippets included in the tutorial sections are great, especially the ones that by the end of the page show the complete code as it is in the first or only "Try It Now" sample.What I think would be very useful to your common or garden n00b is to break those code snippets down and explain what each function is doing, perhaps using context popups. Often in order to build a valid example there is code included that either has not been covered yet or is not covered except in resources. It would really help a lot to have functions broken down into their component parts, especially in the more programming-oriented tutorials, such as Javascript and PHP.

That's what the tutorials are for you know. They show an example and then tell what each line of code does.In the more complicated examles like PHP's secure EMail, explaining each line would take quite some pages. Since you should know the syntax by then, you could search the php.net reference (or W3Schools' reference) for any function you don't understand.A similar thing goes for the JavaScript section, though with JavaScript it's harder, because you need DOM knowledge too, and that you can't get that easy without JavaScript (a never ending circle for me).

Archived