Sending e-mails Through Forms in Html Page

ppccpc

Hello,Recently i created a simple html page as learnt from w3schools.I have used a form on the page and it has 2 text fields and a text area. I want to send the details filled in the form directly to the e-mail address linked. Though it works but after submit button is clicked the action opens a mailing service like outlook express or gmail, yahoo, etc.Can anyone help on how the details can be sent directly to the e-mail address without any mailing service being opened. Given below is the code used by me.... for thisguidance help on this will be much appreciated..<html><head><title>Testing Mail from Form</title></head><body bgcolor="pink"><h1><b>Soft Touch</b></h1><h3><b>Contact Us now!!</b></h3>A customized solution!<br><p><a href="mailto:abc@gmail.com?subject=Please%20provide%20details">Write an eMail</a></p> Or call on +91 9800000000 (24x7) now!<br><br>You can also send a quick message to us below and we will revert within 24 hrs:<form action="MAILTO:abc@gmail.com" method="post" enctype="text/plain">Name:<br><input type="text" name="name"value="" size="30"><br>eMail:<br><input type="text" name="mail"value="" size="40"><br>Message:<br><textarea rows="10" cols="30"> </textarea><br><br><input type="submit" value="Send"><input type="reset" value="Reset"></form></body></html>

You would require a Hosting service with php or asp server-side scripting to use the php mail function (mail() or sendmail()).Otherwise, you must depend on the local Mail Utility, such as Outlook or Thunderbird to do the mailing. HTML alone will not do that.

the form is perfect, but u also need a php or asp script to make this input sent to ur email address. If you need a php script i can help you with that. PHP is a side server language, which is going to gather the input from ur html form and send to the e-mail address u wish to use.U may pm me for php form instructions. Good luck

Hello frnds,Thanks to all of you for valuable suggestions.Dont worry will come again with more queries and questions.Look forward to yur further help and support.By d way I can be helpful to you if you need any information or help on marketing on the internet media (basically search engine marketing).Thanks again!!

Archived