need help vaild

Nightmare

I need help validating my menu.phphttp://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&am....com%2Fmenu.phpthat is the information from my menu file and it says I have 43 errors, I know that my menu works wonderfully however I cannot fix the errors. what is the other way to strict to a different one that will help me fix my errors? On my other files it says when I do this type of coding

<p>text</p>

it marks it as a error.I converted all my files into XHTML from HTML by hand and everything is working great, but it says I have well over 40 errors on some of my pages. so is there a "loose" DOCTYPE or something?

Guest FirefoxRocks

Try using the DOCTYPE that is:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

That is similar to HTML 4.01 Transitional and HTML 3.2Also, you are missing some end tags on your <div> boxes. Be sure to check those. Oh, and onMouseOut needs to be onmouseout, same with onmouseover.

Well since you are using XHTML, you'd naturally expect to get validation errors especially when you start using depreciated elements and attributes. <font> isn't in XHTML, which accounts for the majority of your problems, simply by sheer volume. One of your size attributes has extra whitespace where you put " 3" and it should just be "3", but that would go away if you actually took away the <font> tag it is in. Same with one of your face attributes, it's " Arial" instead of "Arial". Same goes for the width error and the bgcolor error.

Guest FirefoxRocks

Actually, <font> is permitted in XHTML, but only XHTML transitional. I don't know about bgcolor though, you many want to change that to style="background-color:#e6e6e6".For width, you should also use CSS. Same with <font>, it's a huge one, but at least it is still valid in Transitional. :)

Barthayn's going for XHTML Strict, which is what I meant to say. Didn't means to spread the misconception that <font> does not work just in XHTML general. In fact, Strict is the only thing that will reject it. But on the basis of practice, you shouldn't even need <font> if you're using CSS, which is the case here. It's such a superfluous thing.

to be honest Barthayn you will neva stop any site being hacked there will always be a way i try protecting mine it will protect but once people know thats it. u can buy all the security software you want but it will neva stop them..to be honest if people know how the server or sytem works they will know how to break codes an hacklooking at your page i noticed most of them ar undefined most will work using cssif you do not know how to use css just say so ill explain or visit the css forum or learn how to use css at http://www.w3schools.com/they explain everything therescott

Archived