IE6 won't submit

grasperstail

Has anyone had this experience? When I call a function and submit a form in IE6 it passes throught the function up until the submit method then stops or goes not further. I've used the alert to test the values of the variables. I've tried explicitly calling the element( document.forms[2].submit() ).Here is the code:The form:<form action="query_field_link.php" method="post" id="hiddenForm" name="hiddenForm"> <input type="hidden" id="frmhiddenid_ae" name="frmhidden_ae"/> <input type="hidden" id="frmhiddenid_code" name="frmhidden_code"/> <input type="hidden" id="frmhiddenid_caan" name="frmhidden_caan"/> <input type="hidden" id="frmhiddenid_descrip" name="frmhidden_descrip"/> <input type="hidden" id="frmhiddenid_date" name="frmhidden_date"/> <input type="hidden" id="frmhiddenid_type" name="frmhidden_type"/> <input type="hidden" id="frmhiddenid_location" name="frmhidden_location"/> <input type="hidden" id="frmhiddenid_cad" name="frmhidden_cad"/> <input type="hidden" id="frmhiddenid_photo" name="frmhidden_photo"/> <input type="hidden" id="frmhiddenid_sqlstr" name="frmhidden_sqlstr"/> </form>link calling the function:<td class="result"><a class="link" href="java script:void()" id="{$show_result['caan']}" name="{$show_result['caan']}" onclick="hiddenFields('caan','{$show_result["caan"]}')">{$show_result['caan']}</a></td>function hiddenFields(field_name, field_value){ var v2 = field_name var v3 = field_value var frm = document.getElementById("hiddenForm") switch (v2){ case "ae": var x=document.getElementById("frmhiddenid_sqlstr"); x.value= "SELECT * FROM import WHERE ae =" + field_value; break; case "code": var x=document.getElementById("frmhiddenid_sqlstr"); x.value= "SELECT * FROM import WHERE code =" + field_value; break; case "caan": var x=document.getElementById("frmhiddenid_sqlstr"); x.value= "SELECT * FROM import WHERE caan =" + field_value; break; default: alert("There has been an error linking to you search results"); } frm.submit() }

Other people have been reporting lately that the submit method hasn't been working for them. I'm not sure why. One thing I can say though is that it's a pretty serious security problem if you're having one page submit a SQL query to another page to get executed. Obviously that doesn't have anything to do with the form.submit method, but it's still an issue.Try doing this instead of using getElementById for the form:document.forms['hiddenForm'].action="query_field_link.php";document.forms['hiddenForm'].method="post";document.forms['hiddenForm'].submit();If that doesn't work, change the ID and name of the form to all-lowercase and change the Javascript appropriately and see if that works.

Archived