XHTML 1.0 Strict

Guest FirefoxRocks

Guest FirefoxRocks

In XHTML 1.1/XHTML 1.0 Strict, the target attribute is depreciated. Instead, I should use JavaScript.The problem is, I already have some JavaScript in my code. How do I launch the JavaScript code code in a new window that will execute the code on an external site thing?Sound confusing? Here is an example: http://portal.trap17.com/wdlAs you can see, it has 1 error in it. On the bottom footer, I have a Social Networking Bookmark button. It uses target="_blank". But it uses JavaScript also. Can anyone recommend a fix over that?

Deprecated != depreciated. Like my old high school coach used to say, there's no "i" in deprecate.The Javascript in the onclick is already doing 4 or 5 things, window.open can be one more that it does. Or put everything in a function and have it call the one function.

QUESTION!!!Do you (FirefoxRocks) own this site?http://portal.trap17.com/wdl/There is a ton of content copied verbatim from w3schools.com! I strongly advise the owner of this site take immediate action to:

• at the VERY least - properly and very obviously reference and link to the true source of the content while it seeks legal rights to repurpose the content
  • take the site down while it seeks legal rights to repurpose the content
  • shut the site down all together and try their hand at some craft - preferably LEGAL.

The owners of w3schools.com have been notified of this and are investigating the matter accordingly.

So do I just wrap the entire JavaScript into the onclick event and put everything else into the variable or what?
No, add another function call to onclick and make the function call do whatever you want, open a popup or whatever. Look at onclick, it has several statements separated by semicolons. Add another one.

Archived