gabriel-g.com

mistergalarza

Pretty good work at following standards. Way on! And looks decent too (not the greatest design I've ever seen, but it's good).I only have four suggestions on impoving even further your standards' compliance. In order of importance:

1. Indicate somehow on the navigation where the use is at the moment. Use another color, or some sort of an image... something. I know, it's a small site, but a user could get lost as to where exactly he is non the less. Why needlessly refresh the page by clicking on the same place you are now?
  2. Where you have pictures, notably in the portfolio and profile pages, explicitly specify the dimensions of each thumbnail (with CSS of course). Thie page will then have a constant size from the start, rather then bulking up because of each new loaded image. It makes a good (false) impression on speed too.
  3. Mark up the menu and the thumbnails in unordered lists. Not really important to an avarage user, but it shows a certain level of accessability care.
  4. If possible (and if it won't have a major performance penalty), generate the "close" button and the loading image only when an image is actually clicked. Otherwise, with CSS off and JS on, the images stand quite bad when you're just looking at the galleries.

Pretty good work at following standards. Way on! And looks decent too (not the greatest design I've ever seen, but it's good).I only have four suggestions on impoving even further your standards' compliance. In order of importance:
  1. Indicate somehow on the navigation where the use is at the moment. Use another color, or some sort of an image... something. I know, it's a small site, but a user could get lost as to where exactly he is non the less. Why needlessly refresh the page by clicking on the same place you are now?
  2. Where you have pictures, notably in the portfolio and profile pages, explicitly specify the dimensions of each thumbnail (with CSS of course). Thie page will then have a constant size from the start, rather then bulking up because of each new loaded image. It makes a good (false) impression on speed too.
  3. Mark up the menu and the thumbnails in unordered lists. Not really important to an avarage user, but it shows a certain level of accessability care.
  4. If possible (and if it won't have a major performance penalty), generate the "close" button and the loading image only when an image is actually clicked. Otherwise, with CSS off and JS on, the images stand quite bad when you're just looking at the galleries.

Thanks alot! and thanks for the suggestions I will work on some of them. Thanks again. :)

Archived