Database connection error

jenn_13

I'm working in ASP with an Access database, and I get this error:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0xc40 Thread 0xe40 DBC 0x10dc024 Jet'.when opening the database connection:myConn2.Open Application("ConnectionStr")where "ConnectionStr" is defined in global.asaI put this error into web search engine, and I found pages suggesting that1) database isn't there or path is wrong, or2) there's a permission problem with the server or databaseBut, other connections to the same database, even to the same table, are working just fine. If I comment out the call to the function that opens this particular connection, I have no problems, but unfortunately, I need the function to execute.Is there any other possible cause for this error? Anyone else ever have this problem?

Thanks for the response :)yeah, same error. I'm thinking it may have something to do with the fact that within a loop through one recordset from this database, I have to go back to the database with a different query, basically like this:conn1.Open Application("ConnectionStr")rs1.Open sql1, conn1do until rs1.EOF 'output info from rs1 conn2.Open Application("ConnectionStr") rs2.Open sql2, conn2 'output info from rs2 for this record of rs1 'output more info from rs1loopall variables are declared, etc. I think what I need is some way of storing the contents of the first recordset, rs1, without keeping its connection open. I tried using the same connection for both recordsets, but after the second recordset, rs2, is opened and used, the first recordset seems to have "lost its place". Both queries are really just fetching data and using it, I would think I could just close the connection once I have the data, but the recordset doesn't work after the connection is closed. Is there a good data structure in vbscript I can store the contents of the recordset in that doesn't depend on the connection being open, or am I stuck with a 2 dimensional array, if even that would work? Well, off to search more on this in the meantime. Thanks again.

replace Application("ConnectionStr") with the actual string from global.asa. Do you still get the error?

Archived