IE and FF: Problems

Norman

Doing my web site, I have trouble with these two browser. In FF, if I put <td style="text-align: center;">content (a flash menu)</td>, it remain to the left. In IE it's centered. Mhh, how can I fix this?

Hi Norman,try <td style="text-align: center;"><div style="margin: 0 auto; width: *px; ">content (a flash menu)</div></td>where * is the width of the content

• 3 weeks later...
It doesn't work.. is there an "if is this browser: do this. if is that browser: do that", or something like this?
Not in HTML. If it came to it you could do that in javascript (but what would you tell it, in this case?!)It looks as though it should work. With text or img cell contents, that code works fine in IE6, IE7 and FF. Might be worth posting the whole <table> in case there's something else causing the problem (such as a row/table attribute/style). Also suggest putting temporary visible borders on your table to show you whether IE and FF render your cells where you think they do, and also try substituting text cell content to see if that is behaving as it should in that cell.If all else fails you could also try abandoning the css style and go for the old <td> attributes to see if that works:<td align="center">my non-text cell contents</td>

Archived