Starting out

Redemmer

Hello. I'm quite new here. For a while I have wanted to create my own website. My dad is planning to start a company and I would like to make the website for him. Any suggestions on where to start?-I have had no experience what so ever on creating webs!

First of all, welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay.Best to start here - http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.aspGo through the html tutorials, then put them into practise. Try them all out as you go along.If you have any questions about it then ask here.:)

There is a lot involved in something like designing and building a forum. You need to design and build the database, and in order to do that you need to understand how to efficiently design a database structure that can withstand a high-traffic load and perform decently. With something as major as a forum you need to have a good understanding of internet security in general, and the security features of your chosen language in particular. Sites like w3schools can give you a basic understanding of how to use PHP to do things like process a form and manage the session, but things like those are maybe steps 1-5, and building a full-fledged working forum is somewhere around step 100.You can also download a forum and install it if you don't want to design and build your own. But you can't just find a tutorial on how to make a forum. In order to be able to do that you have to know how to design software and program well to begin with, and you figure out the details of implementing something like a forum on your own. People who program for a living don't read tutorials to learn how to do what they need to do, they use their training and experience to show them the way. An application as large as a forum is something that requires that level of training and practical experience.

Archived