Why are U.S. Economists so stupid?

jhecht

So the other day i was listening to the news, and in the news the big issue was the fact that the canadian dollar was equal in value to the american dollar, and the U.S. economists were saying that this is a good thing because now people from canada will come down to the U.S. to buy our much less expensive goods. An iPod there costs $220, here its only $200... And they were also saying that because America is now cheaper to come to, we'll get more tourist attracting things.As much as I'd like to be a dumb@$$ and agree, that is just retarded. Even if people come from other countries to spend their foreign money over ehre, that doesnt mean that it helps us any because our money, on the grand scale, is still pretty worthless. It would just be that now we have more globally worthless money to throw around. It truly, to me, makes no freaking sense.Just thought i'd share my frustrations with the forum.Excuse any typing errors, im on a foreign computer that i dont use as often as my laptop.

We do not talk politics or any other thing not directly related to web development. There are plenty of places on the web for this stuff. Thank you. :)

Archived