email

user4fun

This is not exactly the right forum, but it is the only ofrum that i like, repect and trust.Does any one have any recommendation to a company that you can give them a message and they email it out to how ever many thouthands of people. Mass marketing i guess is what you call it, or what other options can i do.

Oh, that stuff is annoying. I always put it in my spam folder, no matter how serious the message.

Well, I can only justify bulk email delivery to a specific type of communication to a specific opt-in audience. Particularly members of an organization or some other situation where you have specific messaging for a specific niche. These situations lend themselves to a bulk email delivery system. I got a lot of crap email as well, but I have a client with 60k+ members that demand (the majority) information be sent to them via email.Each situation is different and the service (including the one reference) have strict anti-spam policies and processes. Se, if you use these services in a bad way then they are the domain that gets black listed, even if they make it appear to come from you through proxy configurations - their servers can still be discovered even if you use advanced settings to have them as your mail server - its still their network that can be isolated. So most of these services are not gonna let you spam people.But, I agree, I trash most of that automatically through tough domain filters I've configured including one that only allows emails to come into my mail box if the date of the message is within the last 5 days. Thats a pointer for all of you who have domain mail filter access.:)

if emails are annoying and the return on them is proabaly less that 1%, how can i tell a lot of people about my site, that is free.I am having a hard time convincing people that it is free.What do i do, i need people to come to my site and take advantage of the free service ( really it is) but i cannot get them to come.My site needs people.....lolIT IS FREE, i feel like i need to say it in several languages.

Tried advertising? Also, you can get your friends/colleagues to help spread the word for you :)

This is not exactly the right forum, but it is the only ofrum that i like, repect and trust.Does any one have any recommendation to a company that you can give them a message and they email it out to how ever many thouthands of people. Mass marketing i guess is what you call it, or what other options can i do.
I *NEVER* buy from SPAM even if it is interesting. It is a matter of principle: I don't want people using such tactics to get rich with my money.

True, I would only use that sort of service for newletters, or notices, to current clients.

I *NEVER* buy from SPAM even if it is interesting. It is a matter of principle: I don't want people using such tactics to get rich with my money.
All bulk email is not spam. Well define target audience that opt-in to email notifications is more than a legitimate way of communicating with customers. If user4fun's intent is to arbitrarily email folks with this service, then yes, thats is a bad idea and not the way to get users to your site - or at the very least user that will be loyal and return. But if all his/her original post was after was a delivery tool - then (coincidently) my initial reply is all he/she needs. If, user4fun, you do not have a list of e-mail addresses already, then you will need to try another means of promotion. I, personally, do not offer that type of consultation for free but if you'd like me to do a site analysis and make some recommendations, please feel free to let me know. Otherwise, you will have to do some research on your own - starting with defining your target audience and what means are most effective with communicating to them.

Archived