good start

user4fun

Here is what i am trying to do but i need to start off rightMy main header file is in this formatone table three columnscolumn 1an image index_top_right.jpg USE AS BACKGROUNDheight = 124 pxwidht = 487 pxcolumn 2name = index_float_mdl.jpg USE AS BACKGROUNDthat is the floating width, the table is 100% of the users screen, i need this column to automatically exapnd it self to full out the screen and maintain the width on the 1st and 3rd columnscolumn 3 index_top_left.jpg USE AS BACKGROUNDheight = 124 pxwidth = 270 pxI know this seems basic, but my pictures and columns are all over the freakin screenplease helpnotesif i was to add a table inside column three, and that table has a width on 100%, in theory that means that the table will be exactly 270 pixels as defined by column 3 on the orignal table.

here is a quick one that i jsut made,

<table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="100%" height="124">  <tr>    <td width="427" height="124">1 width 427 pixels </td><td>2 this would be the wild card column, no width</td><td width="120" height="124">column 3 with 120 pixels </td></tr>    </table>

is that rightwhen i add the background images, for columns 1 and 3, do i need to make sure they are not repeated, or will the column widths will maintain it;s structure.

If you don't specify any background properties (e.g no-repeat, center) it will be repeated and left aligned. Backgrounds will only display what you set it to. For example, if you set your <td> to have a width of 100 pixels, then you will only see the background image of 100 pixels in that <td> and not any more.http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_background-image.asphttp://www.w3schools.com/css/tryit.asp?fil...ycss_background

Both those links I provided tell you how to do that. But, here's something you can do:

<style type="text/css">td {  background: url(#) no-repeat top;}</style>

That CSS targets all <td> elements on the page and adds a background image that's not repeating, and top aligned. If you want to target individual <td>'s then you need to specify classes.Edit: I fixed my code. My bad.

Archived