Form command problems..

toasterthegamer

I've got a problem with the form command on my website it's really killing me and I need to know why this code wont work!!This version wont work in IE or Firefox as you can see here on my website:http://nanotech.pcriot.comJust type random stuff you should get a error message saying wrong user name and password but it just takes you to the login screen for the forum....

<?phpif( !$userdata['session_logged_in'] ) // Is the user NOT logged in?   {	  ?>					<h2 class="login"><em>user</em>login</h2>					<form action="forum/login.php" method="post" id="login">						<div id="login-username">							<div><label for="username">username</label>: <input type="text" id="username" /></div>							<div><label for="password">password</label>: <input type="password" id="password" /></div>						</div>						<div id="login-button">							<input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="../index.php" />							<input type="image" src="images/btn_login.gif" value="login" />						</div>						<div class="clear">							<div class="reg">								New User? <a href="http://nanotech.pcriot.com/forum/profile.php?mode=register">REGISTER for FREE</a>							</div>						</div>					</form>	  <?php   }if( $userdata['session_logged_in'] ) // Is the user logged in?   {	$appendLogout = $u_login_logout = $phpbb_root_path.'login.'.$phpEx.'?logout=true&sid=' . $userdata['session_id']; // Add the session ID to the logout link	echo "<center>Welcome back, <a href=\"forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=".$userdata['user_id']."\" title=\"".$userdata['username']."\">".$userdata['username']."</a>!<br />"; // Show a welcome message	echo "<a href=\"forum/privmsg.php?folder=inbox\" title=\"You have ".$userdata['user_unread_privmsg']." new messages\">(".$userdata['user_unread_privmsg'].") New Messages</a><br />"; // Any new PMs?	echo "<a href=\"forum/profile.php?mode=editprofile\" title=\"My Profile\">My Profile</a><br />"; // Edit your profile link	echo "<a href=\"".$appendLogout."\" title=\"Logout\">Logout</a><br />"; // Logout link   } // end if, if you want you could add a login form in an else statement below?>

This one works in Firefox and IE!!

<?phpif( !$userdata['session_logged_in'] ) // Is the user NOT logged in?   {	  ?><form action="forums/login.php" method="post" name="login"> <!-- Show a simple login form --><input type="text" name="username"><br /><input type="password" name="password"><br /><input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="../index.php"> <!-- Redirect the user to a page different than the PHPBB2 index page. You can delete this if you want. The path must be relative from the PHPBB2 login file. --><input type="submit" value="login" name="login"></form>	  <?php   }if( $userdata['session_logged_in'] ) // Is the user logged in?   {	$appendLogout = $u_login_logout = $phpbb_root_path.'login.'.$phpEx.'?logout=true&sid=' . $userdata['session_id']; // Add the session ID to the logout link	echo "<center>Welcome back, <a href=\"forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=".$userdata['user_id']."\" title=\"".$userdata['username']."\">".$userdata['username']."</a>!<br />"; // Show a welcome message	echo "<a href=\"forum/privmsg.php?folder=inbox\" title=\"You have ".$userdata['user_unread_privmsg']." new messages\">(".$userdata['user_unread_privmsg'].") New Messages</a><br />"; // Any new PMs?	echo "<a href=\"forum/profile.php?mode=editprofile\" title=\"My Profile\">My Profile</a><br />"; // Edit your profile link	echo "<a href=\"".$appendLogout."\" title=\"Logout\">Logout</a><br />"; // Logout link   } // end if, if you want you could add a login form in an else statement below?>

I found out that this is the problem<input type="image" src="images/btn_login.gif" value="login" /> So how do I make it so that I can have a image button in IE and firefox???Thanks for any help!!

Here is the button that works:<input type="submit" value="login" name="login">Here is the one that doesn't:<input type="image" src="images/btn_login.gif" value="login" />Let me guess. In login.php you're checking if $_POST['login'] is set, aren't you? You'll find out that this doesn't have anything to do with which browser you use or which type of submit button you use.

Here is the button that works:<input type="submit" value="login" name="login">Here is the one that doesn't:<input type="image" src="images/btn_login.gif" value="login" />Let me guess. In login.php you're checking if $_POST['login'] is set, aren't you? You'll find out that this doesn't have anything to do with which browser you use or which type of submit button you use.
Hmm honestly I dont know what is in login.php it's a phpBB board login system but the problem here is with that stupid <input> command I found a way to make it work in both IE and firefox with the <button> command but it looks ugly!! :) sigh.. I am going to look over the HTML <form> commands again see if theres something I missed..

Archived