define font color

blogsmith

I checked W3schools CSS tutorials but cannot find mention of font color. I also did a search for "font color" and checked up to page 6 - nothing. So having done my homework, may I ask how does one define the font color?I tried font-color: red;but it didn't work. I was trying to change the font color for comment in Google Blogger and this is what I put in the CSS part of the template:#comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: $sidebarcolor; font-color: red; }If necessary, I will paste the whole template here. (or just the CSS part)Thanks

The font color is the foreground color, the property is just called "color".
I changed "color" to red:#comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: red; font-color: red; }and the comments font color is still black.Thanks anyway, but still hopeful for a solution

You don't need font-color: red;. You only need color: red;.
OK, started one more test blog as I can't remember the original Blogger tag for the font colorOriginal:#comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: $sidebarcolor; }Result: fonts of comments are blackChanged to#comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: red; }Result: fonts of comments still black.Any more help available? (thanks to all who tried)

Alright, then now would be a great time to see your HTML. With that CSS you are only targeting a <h4> tag in a element (a <div> maybe) with an id of #comments. Probably something is not right in your code.

Archived