Another change to my soccer site

roondog

The "About" and "Archive" pages appear with empty contents... is that intended?The "Table" page sounds quite confusing... a table about what? Unless you mean "Table" as a firniture, you should probably use whatever the table describes as a title.

I haven't finished those pages yet. I think table is fine it is fairly clear for those interested in football but i might change it to league table or something similar.Any positives?

The background and link background yellow is too bright in my opinion. Though the layout is quite good.

For the navigation I would use a white color; and instead of uppercase letters I would just use a capital and smaller case letters. And for balance, Would make the navigation box the same size and height as the right side box. Move down the Sponsor link, etc. You can find more grid information from Khoi and Mark Boulton's blog's.

Thanks Tk thats the best way i've seen someone do a critique. I like your ideas. The pictures with the stories are actually relevant as the people are referred to in the story. Maybe i should put (pictured) next to their name. I find it a struggle to sort out the yellow as it is the team's colour.

Roondog, thank you for your compliment and I appologize for not reading your articles and come to a conclusion that those are irrelavant pictures. More on those pictures tho, just headshots don't really say much about the article. It definitely works, but a way to improve it is to have the picture include something and not just a face for example a win may be the person holding a trophy? That is just a suggestion, this site is by far the best site i have to critique.

• 3 months later...

hi. Saw you posted in Oct. but just looked now. Liked your home page. THe about page is pkay to (break the text a bit wouldn't hurt) BUT problems with other pages. Stats; I'm using ie7 and the actual stats overlay the navigation - the dstats need moving to the right about a cm.try creating a div here (you dont need to float like i've suggested - you could set a left margin of say 200px)<div style="float:right; margin-right:1%;"> <h1 style='font-size:1.5em;margin:10px 10px 10px 0;display:inline;'>Top Goalscorers</h1><table style='width:600px;margin-left:20px;'><tr style='background:black;color:white;'><td>Player</td><td>League</td><td>Cup</td><td>Total</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align:left;'>Jamie Hampshire</td><td>9</td><td>2</td><td>11</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align:left;'>Russell Nichols</td><td>6</td><td>4</td><td>10</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align:left;'>Elvis Ibraimi</td><td>4</td><td>0</td><td>4</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align:left;'>Mark Bentley</td><td>1</td><td>1</td><td>2</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align:left;'>Lewis MacDonald</td><td>1</td><td>0</td><td>1</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align:left;'>Jamie Jackson</td><td>1</td><td>0</td><td>1</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align:left;'>Gary Anstee</td><td>1</td><td>0</td><td>1</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align:left;'>Ben Thorp</td><td>1</td><td>0</td><td>1</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align:left;'>Alfred Konci</td><td>1</td><td>0</td><td>1</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align:left;'>Leon Martin</td><td>0</td><td>1</td><td>1</td></tr></table><h2 style='font-size:1.5em;margin:10px 10px 10px 10px;display:block;'>Bookings</h2><table style='width:600px;margin-left:50px;'><tr style='background:black;color:white;'><td>Player</td><td>Yellow</td><td>Red</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align:left;'>David Bane</td><td>1</td><td>0</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align:left;'>Mark Bentley</td><td>1</td><td></td></tr></table></div></div>Good luck :)

Thanks Ray, I had actually been messing about with the navigation forgot about it mid-change but it should be ok now, I've also re-aligned the tables on some of the pages.

Archived