Making form fields compulsory

unplugged_web

I have a form and the results are being sent to a database, but I wanted to know if it is possible to make one of the fields compulsory so that someone is prompted if to file it in if they don't put anything in? I've noticed that most people aren't adding anything to that field, but want them to.ThanksLucy

The problem with that is, you have to create a nother page error.php for example to diplay the, sorry you missed another page comment.i like to use javascript to do that, so it would prompt the user.

<??><script language="javascript"   type="text/javascript">function validateForm(register){if(""==document.forms.register.email.value){alert("Please enter your email address.");return false;}repeat for more fields} </script> <form name="register" method="post" action="registration_confirm.php" onSubmit="return validateForm(register);"><input type="text" name="email" size="30" value=""></form>

But careful, users can always disable JavaScript, thereby submitting their invalid form. For ease-of-use, you can use JS, but always have a server-side fallback.

Archived