Margin-x: yyy px; differences between fx and ie

Zahak

Hi again...This time it's about a little internet explorer and firefox shows site different issue (how unusual... ^^).I have some elements that should be positioned with a certain amount of pixels from the left (just an example).for the very left div (where the text are...):

margin-top: 30px;margin-bottom: 0px;margin-left: 15px;margin-right: 0px;

The problem is that explorer shows the site perfect, while fx is not (in reality i guess it's the opposite... but ie shows it the way i like). fx is making the margin less then ie, and it looks wierd... How do I make the two browsers to read the same amount? (how hard can it be... 15px should be 15px...)For a very good example of how it looks: http://dansken.leafstudios.se/rock/index.php?page=kontakt

I would suggest that you adjust the margins so that Firefox looks the way you want it to and then add an IE Conditional Comment to adjust for IE (particularly IE6 and below).Google will help you find the right source of information.{Your page needs a character set of utf-8 in order to display the special Language characters you have on that page.}

I would suggest that you adjust the margins so that Firefox looks the way you want it to and then add an IE Conditional Comment to adjust for IE (particularly IE6 and below).Google will help you find the right source of information.{Your page needs a character set of utf-8 in order to display the special Language characters you have on that page.}
I haven't got enough time to fix everythin (have to do some things in the background to :) ), but I fixed the character settings (at least i think so).http://dansken.leafstudios.se/rock/index.php?page=startPlease, enter the site and see if it looks allright now.

I think that the problem is solved now... However, not really the way I wanted at the beginning, but it works :)I'm using "<!--[if IE]><![endif]-->" for ie to read a different css file that overrides the first one, guess that was what you ment? I'm not really sure of how the site looks in ie7, since i really don't want to install ie7 on my computer at home (next week i can see on my computer at work). I'm just about to install opera and safari to check if it looks fine there to...So if anyone has ie7 feel free to check in both ie7 and fx and please tell me if it looks allright.

So if anyone has ie7 feel free to check in both ie7 and fx and please tell me if it looks allright.
I already did that. See comments above. IE7 could use a couple (about5px) pixels of margin-left on the columns with the pictures. Not a big deal.There is a multi-version package for IE6/7 that you can install both versions on one machine. I forgot the URL, but google on it.

Archived