Image preloading

kurt.santo

Is there a way to automatically preload all images within a specific folder when the product templatepage loads? Or even better, how do you preload just the images for a certain product (all in same folder)? I have a php product template, which includes an image swap with three different pictures (three thumbs, which select the main picture). There is also for each version an enlargement, which opens in an pop-up (making it in total 9 pictures per product).I am also open for other suggestions concerning my folder structure (in case it is of advantage to have several folders for example).Cheers,Kurt

Do a Google search for Javascript preloaders. The list of files to load can come from PHP, which can list files in a folder.
Justsomeguy, thank you for you post. I had a search before I posted. It is just that those scripts are often so complex that I am a bit lost in how to customise the whole thing to fit my situation. I actually read a complete book "Beginning Javascript" (650 pages, ouuch) to get a basic understanding of syntax etc and now work myself through some codes in another book to learn more about it. It just seems that I would need another two or three weeks at least until I have enough backup to customise or write any own code. And silly me offered to a friend to sort out his problems with Javascript etc until next weeks (with the good intention to help while getting into Javascript myself). My timing seems to be completely messed up... Anyway, I got this new book here what calls itself "Beginning JavaScript with DOM Scripting and Ajax". It seems to have answers to a lot of my problems, but the author writes code in a different way (DOM2 specification - please correct me if I got this wrong). For example he starts to write a function as "init:function() { etc" instead of "function init() {etc". As far as I understood to use this method makes sure the code is written with regard to new standards etc. Just for me it is a bit confusing and I have to find my way around this. Hopefully working on few of his codes I have a better understanding...:-)Kurt

Archived