Nav bar floating

kurt.santo

I had a problem to float my nav bar to the right side of my main content area and just found the answer in another thread (was a bit quick to post, sorry). But one problem still remains: I have my container (which includes all content of my website) set to 80% and would like to have a constant nav bar width of 200px (floated to the right). The content area, which is floated to the left (next to nav bar) should just take the remaining space minus the appropriate padding (which is 80% minus 200px minus 20px left padding, minus 20px right padding). How would you do this?Kurt

http://www.jlhaslip.trap17.com/samples/tem...t_80_index.htmlMenu on the right is sized in em's but I think you should be able to change that. And change the margin on the content div to suit, too.
jlhaslip,You also did not specify any width for leftcol (as I did for my left div), but as soon as I try anything taking the width out, the right div goes down :)... Also, what does
.clearfix{display: inline-table;}

exactly do?Kurt

It has the width set on the wrapper, so the right column is always a certain size, the page is 80% of the viewport, and the content atea is flexible, depending on the size of the viewport.The .clearfix class works as a clearing method. Google it. You should find a link to csscreator that explains it. (if I recall)

It has the width set on the wrapper, so the right column is always a certain size, the page is 80% of the viewport, and the content atea is flexible, depending on the size of the viewport.The .clearfix class works as a clearing method. Google it. You should find a link to csscreator that explains it. (if I recall)
Will do, cheers... Great photo, mate!!!Kurt

Archived