Firefox code

chrisciscoioio

"Please fix up my entire code for me..."
My suggestion would be: while you're updating your code for cross-browser compatibility, if you encounter an issue you're unable to resolve by googling etc, post the details of that specific issue and then forum readers will try to help!

Excuse me, why are you quoting me with things I never said?
I was using irony to make a serious point to try and help. The point I'm making is: you are asking a lot with a post like that! No specific details of a problem you've encountered in your code, just "I need all this code I'm posting to work in FF please". In my opinion that is why you had no replies, and you would be better off posting a more specific question another time. I could have ignored your post too but then you might never know why you had no replies! :)

@chrisciscoioioI can appreciate your desire to have someone review your code but you might find better results posting an actual live link to it so that people do not have to go save your code and publish it somewhere to review on their own time. I, for one, prefer to see a link, click it, and diagnose the issue without looking at the code - especially since there are so many ways to code something that ends up looking the same either way its done.On a side note, I'd personally recommend trying to implore techniques that avoid writing browser specific hacks. I understand certain design concepts may deem no other alternative, but then I'd be more concerned with why that design would have been picked in the first place. In any case, you have what you have, but I've not looked at since its a little to time consuming for me to pull all your code, publish and review it when my environment might introduce some other misnomer - hence why I think it is more helpful and more important to offer a live link in the environment in which the code will be used so that it can be reviewed and tweaked for the place it is going to reside.@Reg EditInternet communities have a variety of personalities and it can be hard to guage how one person is going to interpret any one statement. This is especially true for situations where two individuals have not interacted before - that simply introduces the possibility to assume way too much. In this case, it's not that big of a deal but you still need to be aware of the ways your words can be interpreted. However, I do have issue with quoting someone fro something they didn't say - regardless of your intent (sarcastic or not). I, for one, do not even like friends I've known for years misquoting me, to quote someone is to directly personalize a situation or statement and that will always put people on the defensive. So although the rest of your post reads find without your misquote - the fact that you misquoted the person automatically puts a cloud of suspicion on the rest of your post.As for the topic at hand, I think live link with a more clearly defined question will get this moving along.

Archived